Thought is creative. All thought, good and bad, is creative and tends to lead to a material thing. That is why we must learn to be more positive. The environment and all the experiences in life are the result of habitual and predominant thoughts.
Negative thoughts can tell us about something that needs attention. So, thoughts lead to discovering what needs to be done and one can think positively or negatively to take care of it. Many people fail to see a negative occurrence as a learning experience and continue to feel victimized and helpless, ultimately blaming others for what they drew to themselves. You are not alone. You are not hopeless. You are alive, and you are your own person.
- Admit that there are problems. You can’t change them if you don’t admit faults. Accept the facts, if you have been negative or inactive. This will make it easier for you to become positive!
- Make goals. Goals give you a more positive outlook on life. Those who are bored with life and feel stuck are usually feeling depressed in those areas where there is no goal and so — no progress.
- Appreciate your friends! Appreciate the people in your life who have stood by you through thick and thin. Enlist their support to help you become more positive, and in the process you will probably help them too. Friends help each other through the good times and bad. Feel positive about them and feel lucky to have good friends in your life.
- Realize that it is really all in our mind! What goes on in your mind can really determine your actions and decides whether you’re positive or negative. If you always think negative thoughts, you’re always going to turn out to be a negative person. It is better to think about positive thoughts.
- Avoid negative influences. Even if it’s a family member or close friend, do not tolerate their bad behavior. Steer clear from it so that it will not rub off on you.
- Find an optimistic quote or saying and keep it in your wallet or pocket at all times for a quick reference.
- Focus your imagination and efforts on becoming that new positive person. It is much easier to effect change if you just put your mind to it and change your thoughts. We can’t always control things that happen in our lives, but we can, with some effort, control what we think in our minds.
- Create your life from within. If you want more success, focus on all the ways that you are already successful. If you want more love, focus on all the people that already care about you and the abundance of love you have to give to others. If you want to create greater health, focus on all the ways that you are healthy, and so on and so forth.
- Imagine that you’re already a positive person and you love your life. The only thing between you and your desire to be happy is one single fact: You are not happy because of how you think. This little known fact keeps many from reaching their goal of happiness. If you keep thinking things like “My life sucks!”, then your life will seem like it really is that bad.
- Smile at strangers. Although this may seem a little weird, it actually makes you feel more positive and happy. You may even brighten that other person’s day with just a smile.
- Listen to positive music. It’s a great way to remain positive.
- Volunteer or help others. Helping others leads to a happier outlook on your own life. You’ll feel great at the end and make you feel like a good person.
- Replace negative thoughts with something positive. Look for the benefit in every situation. There are pros and cons to most situations and you get to choose which you will focus on. If you’re thinking something that isn’t pleasant, think the opposite. If you do this long enough, it will make a huge difference. Say “I can!” more than “I can’t!”.
- Use the Law of Attraction Your activity and thoughts are positive or negative like magnets. As you avoid dealing with a problem, then it continues as is — or gets worse — your own negativity may rule the day. But, the more you think positively, then the more proactively you will act and reach goals of ways to overcome and accept your positive options — and that will bring its reward.
- Progress lies just after your thoughts focus your efforts: making progress is success. Know that this understanding is what inspires you to accomplish what you really desire in life. And if you are positively engaging events within yourself — in your thoughts — then there is no goal in which you can not make progress. Your engaged goals are powerful!
- Think about what you want (that’s a goal), not about what you don’t want (that’s worry). Goal driven activity requires positive thinking.
- Be sure to cultivate positive thinking for the purposeful reasons – to enhance the quality of your life and the lives of others.
- Find some things positive to say to yourself and repeat them often. Use statements such as “I am a very positive person.”; “I am very capable.”; “I can do anything when I put my mind to work on it.”; “I can do it.”…
- Think not half empty, think of the cup as half full and filling up!
- Print these instructions and keep them with you for reference.
- Don’t give up! Good habits can replace bad ones by continuous perseverance.
- Hang around negativity and you’ll become negative.Hang around positive people and you will become and be like them!
- Beware of those who do not want to be positive. Look forward toward the positive people and don’t blame your past; accept it and forgive it. Don’t look back.
- There will always be someone who poo-poos your positive outlook. Don’t let that attitude bother you. You simply look beyond these people and let them wallow in their past and unhappiness. They will not change until they are ready.
- Don’t go overboard while thinking positive. Make sure that you are constantly learning from your past mistakes and the bad or negative things that happened to you in the past.